Pages

NAME:AMIR RIAZ CELL:00923454296887 EMAIL:amirriaz901@gmail.com

Tuesday 6 August 2013

'Bachelorette' finale: Des gets a proposal

Heartbroken Desiree Hartsock's voice cracked and tears flowed throughout the entire two hours of Monday's Bachelorette finale as she tried to soldier on down the romance path in the wake of Brooks Forester's exit last week.
The bridal stylist started off by giving roses to Drew Siegfried, 27, a digital marketing analyst from Scottsdale, Ariz., and Chris Kenney, 27, a mortgage broker from McMinnville, Ore., even though she had told host Chris Harrison at the start of the show, "I just want to go home, to be honest."
Drew confessed he was ready to propose. "I'm madly in love with her. There isn't one iota of hesitation or doubt," he told cameras. "I can't wait to finally follow through with it."
But after only a few minutes, weepy Desiree sat him down in the Antigua sand and said, "I feel like maybe there's something missing."
He held her hand and said, "Um, I didn't see this happening."
The more she cried, the more stoic he got. "He said, "This hurts, this hurts a lot. I don't know when it will really sink in.' I guess… bye." He walked off down the beach. "I'm crushed," he confessed.
As former Bachelorette Emily Maynard pointed out on Twitter, "I know she probably had to, but why give a rose to any of them? She already said she wanted to be with Brooks. #Bachelorette"
And Harrison kept asking the live studio audience, "Will she become the first Bachelorette ever to go home alone?" Or, he said, "Who here thinks it's not too late for Brooks to come back into the picture?"
Next up, Chris. Suddenly Des seemed happier. She met him in a bikini top and black sarong, showing off her hot bod. While out on a catamaran, Chris told her that "going forward, I'll be there for you and I'll love you. You'll have a shoulder to cry on if you have to. You won't have to stand there by yourself."
They kissed and laughed and drank. "I'm going to trust my heart," vowed Des. They wound up on a bed and he gave her a journal. "I feel like I'm the luckiest girl alive," she confessed, crying. "How could I not have loved him from the beginning?" She toasted him, calling him "the greatest man I've ever known," and "a loyal friend."
Back in the L.A. studio, Harrison talked to last season's Bachelor Sean Lowe and fiancée Catherine Giudici and asked when they were getting married. "Soon," said Sean, but he said they weren't ready to announce a date. He also said, "I'm more in love with her today than when I proposed to her."
One final hurdle: Desiree's family. Yes, brother Nate, who ruined Desiree's romance with Sean, appeared to give Chris a final grilling. He kept trying to rile Chris, but Chris stayed cool. To Des, he asked, "Is he the one you want to spend the rest of your life with?" asked Nate.
"In this moment, yes," she said.
Chris picked out a ring, telling jeweler Neil Lane that he was so excited "on a scale from 1 to 100, I'm a 101."
While "Brooks" began trending on Twitter -- fans were still thinking he might show up -- the final moment arrived.
Desiree, in her long gown, waited for Chris on the top of a hill on the Caribbean island. "Chris is the man I can love for the rest of my life," she said. "I've been waiting for this my entire life." But she worried what Chris' reaction would be when he found out about Brooks.
Chris took her hands and said, "I couldn't be more happy." He recounted all their happy times through the season. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. ... I want to be that rock that doesn't break for you."
He started to get down on one knee and she stopped him.
Surprised, he looked down.
"I have a few things to say, too," she said, crying. "I was torn apart by Brooks leaving. I loved him. Throughout the journey I was torn between the two of you. ... I feel like I couldn't see the one thing I always needed was right in front of me. ... I thank you every day for not giving up. I love you so much."
They kissed.
And THEN he got down on one knee and proposed. "Will you marry me?"
"Yes," she said through her tears. He put a ring on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment